Research on Gender Themes (Principle / Junior Investigators)
Zahide Gevrek-Demiray (Junior Investigator, Area D)
- Culture, Intermarriage, and Differentials in Second-Generation Immigrant Women’s Labor Supply (with Deniz Gevrek and Sonam Gupta), International Migration, 2013
- Semiparametric Decomposition of the Gender Achievement Gap: An Application for Turkey (joint with Ruben Seiberlich), Revise and Resubmit, Labour Economics.
- Benefits of Education at the Intensive Margin: Childhood Academic Performance and Adult Outcomes among American Immigrants (joint with Deniz Gevrek and Cahit Guven), Revise and Resubmit, Eastern Economic Journal
- Interethnic Marriage and the Labor Market Integration of Immigrants
Georgi Kocharkov (Junior Investigator, Area B)
- Marry Your Like: Assortative Mating and Income Inequality, with Jeremy Greenwood, Nezih Guner and Cezar Santos, American Economic Review: Papers and Proceedings, 104(5), 348-353, 2014
- Technology and the Changing Family: A Unified Model of Marriage, Divorce, Educational Attainment and Married Female Labor-Force Participation, with Jeremy Greenwood, Nezih Guner and Cezar Santos, 2013, revision requested at the American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics
- Abortions and Inequality
- Teenage Childbearing Across Countries: The Role of the Welfare State, with Jan Mellert and Andra Filote, work in progress
Florian Kunze (Principle Investigator, Area C)
- The Implications of (Age) Diversity in Teams and Organisations
Ulf-Dietrich Reips (Principle Investigator, Area A)
- Gender in E-Learning, Haubner, D., Brüstle, P., Schinzel, B., Remmele, B., Schirmer, D., Holthaus, M., Reips, U.-D. (2009). E-Learning und Geschlechterdifferenzen? Zwischen Selbsteinschätzung, Nutzungsnötigung und Diskurs [E-learning and gender differences? Between self report, forced use, and discourse]. In N. Apostolopoulos, H. Hoffmann, V. Mannsmann, & A. Schwill, E-Learning 2009 - Lernen im digitalen Zeitalter (pp. 41-50). Münster: Waxmann.
- Brüstle, P., Haubner, D., Schinzel, B., Holthaus, M., Remmele, B., Schirmer, D., Reips, U.-D. (2009). Doing e-learning/doing gender? Examining the relationship between students' gender concepts and e-learning technology. 5th European Symposium on Gender & ICT Digital Cultures: Participation.
- Further back I was responsible for the Swiss portion in the International Sexuality Description Project (ISDP), with a number of publications.
Gerald Schneider (Principle Investigator, Area C)
- Laura Albarracin, Lilli Banholzer und Gerald Schneider 2015: Ordered Rape: A Principal-Agent Analysis of Wartime Sexual Violence in the DR Congo. Violence against Women (im Erscheinen)
- 2013: Nominiert für den Mentor Award der "Society for Women in International Political Economy" (SWIPE)
Heinrich Ursprung (Principle Investigator, Area C)
Krapf, Matthias, Ursprung, Heinrich, Zimmermann, Christian, Parenthood and Productivity of Highly Skilled Labor: Evidence from the Groves of Academe (CESifo WP 4641).
Research on Gender Themes (Doctoral Students)
Franziska Deutschmann (Area B)
- The Transition of Life Cycle Fertility in East Germany (Doctoral Thesis)
Susanne Münn (Area C)
- Do Skills Pay Off? The Impact of Labour Market Institutions and Family Policies on Returns to Literacy Skills, with Aurélien Abrassart
- United or Divided? Women’s and Men’s Preferences for Public Childcare Provision
Christian Neumeier (Area D)
- The Gender Test Score Gap in Educational Studies (PISA), with Zahide-Eylem Gevrek-Demiray
Carolin Schuster (Area A)
- Consequences of Imagined Stereotype Threat (career motivations and decisions)
Mirjam Weis (Area A)
- Weis, Mirjam, Heikamp, Tobias, Trommsdorf, Gisela, Gender Differences in School Achievement: The Role of Self-Regulation, Frontiers in Psychology, 17th July 2013.
- Socialization of Self-Regulation in Cultural Contects. The Role of Parenting Practices for Self-Regulation and the Consequences for Social and Academic Competences (Doctoral Thesis)