Applications are welcome from highly motivated graduates with an outstanding Master’s degree or equivalent, which is relevant to the Research Areas of the Graduate School of Decision Sciences:
(Area A): Behavioural Decision Making
(Area B): Intertemporal Choice and Markets
(Area C): Political Decisions and Institutions
(Area D): Information Processing and Statistical Analysis.
Applicants with a Master’s degree in one of the following subjects will be considered for admission: business administration, computer /information science, decision sciences, economics, mathematics, political science, psychology, public administration, sociology, statistics.
Master’s graduates with degrees relating to the above-listed subjects will be considered for admission.
Final-year Master’s students, who have not yet graduated, are welcome to apply for admission.
The application deadline for admission in October is 15th April.
Please fill out the online application form under the following link and submit with the requested supporting documents:
Supporting Documents for the Online Application
In order to successfully submit your online application, you are required to upload the following scanned supporting documents via the online application form, which must be merged into one single pdf file in the following order. The maximum file size is 6 MB.
- Full curriculum vitae in English.
- Official academic transcript(s) for each year/semester of study, showing subjects taken and grades obtained. (Scanned PDF of originals and officially certified translations into English or German only).
- Degree certificate(s). (Scanned PDF of originals and officially certified translations into English or German only).
- A one-page statement of purpose written by the applicant in English, providing information about his/her suitability and motivation for participating in the Graduate School and the intended research project.
- Proof of English proficiency (scanned PDF of the original English language test certificate or score sheet) via one of the following English language tests:
- Applicants from China, Mongolia or Vietnam:
Scanned original certificate of the Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle – APS) of the German Embassy. For further information, please consult the relevant German Embassy website:
Ulan Bator: www.ulan-bator.diplo.de
All applicants require two letters of recommendation from academic teachers at their institution of study, who are able to comment on their suitability and motivation for participating in the Graduate School. The letters of recommendation must be sent separately as PDF files by the referees to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the letters are in another language, an officially certified translation into English or German must also be provided. Letters must be on the letter-headed paper of the referees and include their signatures.
Successful applicants will be required to submit all original documents upon registration at the University of Konstanz.